Amigurumi · Crochet · K-Pop · Matoki

Matoki Part II: Dadamato



It took a lot longer than I expected, but I finally finished the second matoki! Dadamato was a challenge for a few reasons. First, I wanted to tighten the stitching, so the stuffing wouldn’t be visible like it is in Tatsmato. However, that made him a little too small to reasonably sew on his pattern (the tire treads that cover his body). After a few false starts, I did manage to rectify this by using the smaller hook and scaling the pattern by a factor of 1.5. This did, however, mean that I wound up rewriting the entire pattern.



The other major problem came with the tire treads. The treads on his face and body were made by cutting and sewing white felt which, as it turns out, takes an entire day on its own. That said, I think it was worth the time, because he looks really cool.

All in all, the extra effort definitely paid off and I think the pattern is significantly better because of it. I know in the first matoki post I promised I’d post the pattern with this one. However, I’ve decided to include pattern pieces and instructions for how to make the masks/markings of each individual matoki. As such, the pattern will not be available until I’ve finished all six, so I can design the individual pieces. I’ve already started the next one, and I can’t wait for all the new challenges he presents.

Two down—four to go

One thought on “Matoki Part II: Dadamato

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s